For the first time, the parliamentary elections were held on the same day as elections for the Citizens Representative Hurals (local parliaments) of the capital city and aimags on June 29, 2016.
The law on the amendments to the Election Law was adopted by the plenary session of the Parliament's spring session (2016.05.05) and as a result, the election was held under a first-past-the-post system in 76 single-mandate constituencies.
As a result of the election, 65 persons from the Mongolian People's Party, 9 from the Democratic Party, 1 from the MPRP and 1 independent candidate have been elected as the Member of the Parliament. Some 13 or 17.1 percent of elected members of the State Great Hural were women and it’s the highest turnout since 1990.
At the first plenary session of the Seventh State Great Hural approved the composition of the Standing Committees (2016.07.07), maintaining the previous parliamentary structure.
1. Standing Committee on Security and Foreign Policy
2. Standing Committee on Environment, Food and Agriculture
3. Standing Committee on Social Policy, Education, Culture and Science
4. Standing Committee on Petitions
5. Standing Committee on State Structure
6. Standing Committee on Budget
7. Standing Committee on Legal Affairs
8. Standing Committee on Economic Policy