Mission of the Secretariat
The mission of the Secretariat of the State Great Hural (Parliament) of Mongolia is to be a reliable, independent, professional and competent office that ensures the enabling conditions for the State Great Hural to effectively carry out its legislative and oversight functions, which are the core pillars of the representative democracy.
The main operational principles
1. Adhere to the rule of law;
2. The Secretariat’s services shall be prompt, equally accessible, innovative and productive;
3. Be independent, professional and reliable;
4. Be accountable and ethical;
5. Be transparent and open.
Strategic Objectives of the Secretariat
1. To provide support to the State Great Hural in improving its productivity and impact of the legislative functions;
2. To provide support to the State Great Hural in enhancing the impacts of its oversight functions and to carry out impact assessment on the implementation of laws and regulations;
3. To provide support in strengthening the parliamentarism by ensuring transparency and openness of the State Great Hural while adhering to the Declaration of the Parliamentary transparency;
4. To provide support towards strengthening the relationship between the State Great Hural and the general public and to improve the access and quality of the parliamentary education;
5. To expand and develop foreign relations and international cooperation activities of the State Great Hural and its Secretariat;
6. To provide support in building capacity of the State Great Hural, in improving the impacts of its operations, maintaining the infrastructure and ensuring its independence;
7. To increase the productivity and impact of the State Great Hural operations, ensure the policy, legal and economic security of the professional office of the parliament and build up competent human resources.